Saturday 16 June 2007

New Vague

In a world which is increasingly becoming disinterested in traditional print media, the British music press finds itself vying for attention as its conventional readership flocks to alternative news mediums. One way it draws awareness to itself is to create a whole new music genre. Its latest creation is of course, New Rave.


I have no qualms with the artists. The likes of the Klaxons and New Young Pony Club, I have a lot of time for. Why wouldn't I, they make good music. I just object to the obsession of pigeonholing artists with frankly ridiculous labels. And let's face it, there's nothing new about New Rave. I wouldn't call combining Indie, Disco and Electro exactly innovative. Disco-Punk anyone?

Of course I realise it's too far gone. It has become way too embedded in youth culture for me to do anything about it. I no longer go to dance, I now go to rave. Neon pink appears to be the new black and dare I ever leave the house without my trusted glowstick. Maybe, for once, I should consider the well known saying: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
.
MP3: New Young Pony Club - Get Dancey MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments: