Monday 14 May 2007

Thank God For Remixes

I wasn't that keen on Armands latest offering, 'NYC Beat.' And when I heard it on prime time radio 1, well that was it for me. Not because I'm all pretentious, well maybe a little, but when you hear the likes of Vernon 'Game show Marathon' Kay 'bigging' it up, then it just, kinda....puts me off. I don't know why, but for some reason it reminds me of the o' so annoying 'Put Your Hands Up For Detroit.'



To be honest, I've never been that much of a fan of Armand Van Helden. 1997's 'U Don't Know Me' never really did it for me. I guess I didn't understand it at the time, but even as my musical palette matured, the song never grew on me. However, I must admit I did have a soft spot for 2000's, 'Cars' sampling 'Koochy.'

Back to the main point. Thank god for remixes. Don't get me wrong, 'NYC..' wasn't a particularly bad track but I just found it slightly irritating. I can't say the same about the wonderful MSTRKRFT remix. That's what I love about remixes. You may like the main idea behind a song, but the composer just doesn't carry it off right. Allowing someone else to have a tweak around with it can sorta....point it in the right direction.

MP3: Armand Van Helden - NYC Beat (MSTRKRFT Remix) MP3 DOWNLOAD

Bonus:

MP3: Simian Moblie Disco - It's The Beat (Siriusmo Remix) MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments: