Sunday 27 May 2007

Ratatat

I have nothing bad to say about Ratatat. In my opinion (not that my opinion is worth much) these guys are absolute genius's. I first heard of them while making my way through Pitchforks top 100 of 2005. Thought to myself, "this looks interesting," so endeavoured to find out more.


The New York band, made up of guitarist Mike Stroud and Evan West, produce their unique sound using simply a guitar and synthesizer. To me, Ratatat, really does bridge the gap between rock and electronica. The processed beats, contorted guitars and Baroque harmonies act like a bullet to the head, violently grabbing your attention first time you come across them. The whole concept seems like it shouldn't work, chalk n' cheese, but somehow they manage to marry two opposing ideas together resulting in music you never thought you'd hear.

Currently they have two albums out, 'Ratatat,' ('04) and 'Classics ('06). I cannot recommend enough that you buy both these albums, and if you have change, check out their (re)mix tapes for some excellent Hip-Hop given the Ratatat rub down. Again, it shouldn't work, but it does.
MP3: Ratatat - El Pico MP3 DOWNLOAD
MP3: Ratatat - Loud Pipes MP3 DOWNLOAD
MP3: Memphis Bleek - Alright (Ratatat Remix) MP3 DOWNLOAD

No comments: