Tuesday 7 August 2007

Jumping On The Bandwagon

Check The Availability has given in to peer pressure and has jumped on the Myspace bandwagon. In fact, I suppose I'm a little late on this one as there seems to be a mass exodus to competitor social networking site, Facebook. I've joined with the aim of making it easier for individuals to draw my attention to great tracks as well as allowing artists to promote their music. Please feel free to add the blog as a 'friend' at: www.myspace.com/checktheavailability.

While musing about the site, I've realised that there is a considerable lack of acoustic/folk music featured, a genre which I have a genuine affection for. Then I recalled receiving an e-mail from Norwegian singer-songwriter Sebastian Waldejer asking me to consider blogging his music. Clearly inspired by the likes of Sufjan Stephens and the late Nick Drake, together with traces of Radiohead, Waldejer takes advantage of minimalistic production and delicate harmonies to enhance his beautifully fragile voice. A pleasant alternative to the faddy James Blunts and Damien Rices of the world. New single Touch Of Soul is available now. Well worth a listen.

MP3: Sebastian Waldejaer - If I Could DOWNLOAD/Zshare

No comments: