Friday 23 November 2007

Graduation: Samples

I think there's a general consensus about town, that Kanye West's latest album, Graduation, is consistent with the high caliber of previous efforts, College Dropout and Late Registration. Although, (in my humble opinion of course) it sags a little in the middle, I am in overall agreement with the prevailing reaction. But look, we all know that Kanye's work relies heavily on samples (not that I'm complaining like), so here's a comprehensive list of tracks used to make Graduation. Please note the ironic lyrics of Labi Siffre's My Song: "This is my song and no one can take it away"...'cept Kanye mate.

MP3: Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight DOWNLOAD
Used In: Good Morning
MP3: Steely Dan - Kid Charlemagne DOWNLOAD
Used In: Champion
MP3: Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger DOWNLOAD
Used In: Stronger
MP3: Labi Siffre - My Song DOWNLOAD
Used In: I Wonder
MP3: Michael Jackson - PYT (Pretty Young Thing DOWNLOAD
Used In: Good Life
MP3: Mountain - Long Red DOWNLOAD
Used In: Barry Bonds and The Glory
MP3: Can - Sin Swan Song DOWNLOAD
Used In: Drunk And Hot Girls
MP3: Public Enemy - Bring The Noise DOWNLOAD
Used In: Everything I Am
MP3: Prince Phillip Mitchell - If We Can't Be Lovers DOWNLOAD
Used In: Everything I Am
MP3 Laura Nyro - Save The Country DOWNLOAD
Used In: The Glory
MP3: U-Roy - Wake The Town DOWNLOAD
Used In: Good Night
MP3: Super Cat - Nuff Man A Dead DOWNLOAD
Used In: Good Night

BONUS: MP3: DJ Rut - Diamonds 4 Life DOWNLOAD

Big thanks to Milk Crate Breaks for providing me with these tunes. Get yourself over there and give them a holla.
.

1 comment:

jermyces said...

hi! could you please upload the songs again. would really love to. thanks!