Monday 17 December 2007

Goodtimes Goodtimes

It's Monday evening, I'm full of a cold, and as I peer outside my bedroom window I'm treated to a landscape caught up in the throes of a typical British winter. What should I be listening to? The Cure? Kate Bush? The Smiths? Something reflective of the scene that meets my eyes. Instead, my room is filled with the ambiance of songs with names like Sunshine, Sunshine and Sea Shanty. Hardly befitting of the situation I find myself in.

Enter London based Goodtimes Goodtimes.

First off, I've never heard a band name that so aptly describes the music behind the pseudonym. For Goodtimes Goodtimes is exactly that. A heady blend of dulcet, sweet sounding folk/blues music that warms the heart, evoking false memories of summers that never were, not for most of us anyway.

Vocally, comparisons to legends Johnny Cash, Tom Petty and Van Morrison, are perhaps unavoidable, but nonetheless never detract nor hinder the experience of listening to the frail, textured tones of Francesco Cinelli, the Roma born driving force behind Goodtimes Goodtimes.

The following songs are taken from the album, Glue, which can be found on the itunes library.

MP3: Goodtimes Goodtimes - Sunshine Sunshine DOWNLOAD

MP3: Goodtimes Goodtimes - Kids DOWNLOAD

No comments: