Monday 8 December 2008

Top 10 Albums Of 2008

So here's Check The Availability's Top 10 Albums of 2008. I promised myself I'd never do one (I managed to resist last year), however, for me to be able to summit my a list for the Hype Machine's Zeitgeist of 2008 I actually have to have one posted on the blog. Please comment. Here goes:

1. Friendly Fires - Friendly Fires AMAZON
MP3: Friendly Fires - Lovesick DOWNLOAD

2. Cut Copy - In Ghost Colours AMAZON
MP3: Cut Copy - Hearts On Fire DOWNLOAD

3. Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line AMAZON
MP3: Ra Ra Riot - Ghost Under Rocks DOWNLOAD

4. Born Ruffians - Red, Yellow & Blue AMAZON
MP3: Born Ruffians - Barnacle Goose DOWNLOAD

5. Santogold - Santogold AMAZON
MP3: Santogold - I'm A Lady (Feat. Trouble Andrew) DOWNLOAD

6. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular AMAZON
MP3: MGMT - The Youth DOWNLOAD

7. Wax Stag - Wax Stag AMAZON
MP3: Wax Stag - Short Road DOWNLOAD

8. Lykke Li - Youth Novels AMAZON
MP3: Lykke Li - Breaking It Up DOWNLOAD

9. Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy AMAZON
MP3: I'm not going to risk posting one, get me?

10. Longwave - Secrets Are Sinister AMAZON
MP3: Longwave - Sirens In The Deep Sea DOWNLOAD
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIES! BLASPHEMY!

Gino Ballón Cauzo said...

great albums i agree with born ruffians and friendly fires! MGMT Ra Ra Riot and Longwave were great but they're not on my top list.

This is my Indie /Alt list! Cheers from Lima

1 Born Ruffians - Red Yellow & Blue (Warp) CA www.myspace.com/bornruffians
2 Mystery Jets - Twenty One (679 Recordings Ltd.) UK www.myspace.com/mysteryjets
3 Beach House - Devotion (© Universal Music S.A.) US www.myspace.com/beachhousemusic
4 The Spinto Band - Moonwink (© Park The Van) US www.myspace.com/thespintoband
5 Cajun Dance Party - The Colourful Life (XL Recordings) UK www.myspace.com/cajundanceparty
6 The Breeders - Mountain Battles (4AD) US www.myspace.com/thebreeders
7 The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age Of Understatement (Domino Recording Company) UK www.myspace.com/thelastshadowpuppets
8 Portishead - Third (Island) UK www.myspace.com/PORTISHEADALBUM3
9 Lightspeed Champion - Falling of the lavender bridge (Domino Recording Company) UK www.myspace.com/lightspeedchampion
10 She & Him - Volume One (Merge) US www.myspace.com/sheandhim